Delicious No Sugar, Healthy 5 Ingredient Flourless Protein Pumpkin Coconut Muffins
Healthy flourless protein pumpkin Coconut muffins needing just five ingredients and are quick, easy and so delicious! Made with no butter, oil, flour, grains or sugar, these muffins are super easy and are low carb and naturally gluten free! These scrumptious gems make a great snack anytime, travel well, give you tons of energy with the protein added and have fibre to keep you moving. Perfect for entertaining company or for yourself while out and about doing your hunter-gathering - remember to pack one for each of your family members - they will LOVE you for it!! :o))
Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 30 min Total Time 40 min
- 1 976 ml tin pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup smooth nut butter or alternative (I prefer almond butter & make my own! - Saves money and is so tasty and easy!!)
- 1/2 cup unsulfured (preservative free) coconut **
- 4 scoops of MRM Natural vanilla Whey protein (available at our Centre)**
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12 muffin tins with muffin liners - These result in easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl or high speed blender (I use mixing bowl with hand held blender), combine all your ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into each muffin tin
- Optional - you can sprinkle top of muffin with pecan pieces for that added bit of Love
- Bake for approximately 30 - 35 minutes, or until a skewer/toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the muffin tin completely.
- For the best texture, refrigerate for an hour before consuming.
- Muffins are freezer friendly - Simply wrap each one up individually put into a double lined freezer bag and thaw before enjoying.
- Muffins need to be kept refrigerated.
- **You may substitute 1/2 cup carob powder and 4 scoops of MRM Natural Chocolate Whey protein if you prefer a decadent chocolaty fix - umm yummy- be creative!